Are you full time or part time with your gig job?

bhelling

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 23, 2018
I'm interested to hear how many gig workers are part time or full time with their gig jobs. As the sharing economy continues to grow, a trend I think we'll see is an increasing number of people working these types of jobs leaving their full time jobs to pursue gig work full time.

So... is gig work a side hustle, or are you doing it full time?

gigabYteMe

Dec 7, 2018
What City & State do you work in?
Long Island, NY
I think of myself as part-time but so many weeks I end up doing it full time because I really need the money. It's kind of like when I smoked - I didn't really consider myself a smoker... until one day I realized I was consistently smoking more than a pack a day. Haha!! This feels kinda like that. A bad habit that sucks you in without you knowing it.

Reactions: bhelling

Austin Bob

Dec 15, 2018
San Antonio
I'm definitely full time. For 2 years now. Looking for other things to do. It's a great way to keep yourself going during hard times but we gotta keep looking onward and upward.

Reactions: bhelling

bhelling

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 23, 2018
I think of myself as part-time but so many weeks I end up doing it full time because I really need the money. It's kind of like when I smoked - I didn't really consider myself a smoker... until one day I realized I was consistently smoking more than a pack a day. Haha!! This feels kinda like that. A bad habit that sucks you in without you knowing it.
And then before you know it, you're driving for Uber to pay for smokes, then smoking more to deal with the stress of falling rates. Then eventually, you never leave your car and have 15,000 rides under your belt. Then you wake up and it's all just been a very bad dream. Until you get a ping...

Reactions: Austin Bob

Austin Bob

Dec 15, 2018
San Antonio
And then before you know it, you're driving for Uber to pay for smokes, then smoking more to deal with the stress of falling rates. Then eventually, you never leave your car and have 15,000 rides under your belt. Then you wake up and it's all just been a very bad dream. Until you get a ping...
Very funny actually!! And sounds almost true! Thanks for the big laugh.

Reactions: Jon York