Are You Making $2,000 a Week as a Tasker?

Jon York

Nov 30, 2018
What City & State do you work in?
New York City
I guess I don't find this too hard to believe, even though it has certainly not been my experience. But, these are people who claim to make $2,000 a week on gigs as TaskRabbit taskers.

Some people have just the right skills that fit in perfectly with what TaskRabbit customers want and are willing to pay a bundle for. But in the case of this story - something seems a little off.

https://www.thepennyhoarder.com/make-money/side-gigs/making-money-on-taskrabbit/

An Excerpt from the Article:

1543647940980.png
How Do $2,000-a-Week TaskRabbits Cash In?
While doing odd jobs has always been a popular way to earn extra cash, some Taskers turn them into full-time jobs and earn up to $2,000 per week. TaskRabbit's vice president of marketing, Jamie Viggiano, boasts that 10 to 15% of TaskRabbit contractors earn up to $7,000 per month, reports Time.
Brian Schrier is one such Tasker. He charges $150 an hour for the broad array of services he offers, ranging from performing shopping duties to construction jobs, he explained to Time. He earns up to $2,000 a week on the site, spending half his time in San Francisco working on tasks and the other half of his time living on his boat in Napa, California. While not everyone earns such high wages from the site, ambitious entrepreneurs can learn from Schrier’s and other high-earning Taskers’ success.

Seriously? He charges $150 an hour to go shopping for people? Come on. What kind of person is going to pay anybody $150 an hour to run down to the grocery store for a few snacks and a bottle of milk!?

Construction is another story. You can indeed charge a pretty decent amount for jobs that require real construction skills. But even those - you wouldn't get anywhere close to $150 per hour. It's no wonder then that they didn't produce any screenshots of invoices!

Last edited:

Graham

Feb 4, 2019
What City & State do you work in?
Glendale AZ
Yeah, I would love to see the actual screenshots of the payouts. $150 to run to the grocery store? Sign me up!