Come check out the truth about TRYP

McCrank

Jan 5, 2019
Austin, Texas
What City & State do you work in?
New York, NY
Funny you should write in yesterday @702Gigguy.

I just saw this video of Tryp's first ride ever!!

Very cool!

And I don't mean to sound cranky, but... several concerns are brought up by this video. First, it's touted as the First Tryp Ride Ever! But it turns out the driver drove Tryp's CEO, scam artist and fraudester, Robert McNulty.

Second RED FLAG is the driver in this video gave us some STUNNING INFORMATION. Remember how Tryp was supposed to give drivers 100% of the fare? Well, it turns out - they're NOT!

This driver tells us that Tryp took 21% of the fare! It was a $5 fare but he only got $3.95.

Hmm... so, what's up with that? How you gonna explain that? That was Tryp's whole reason for existence - drivers pay $200 a month in exchange for receiving 100% of the fare.

Last edited by a moderator:

702Gigguy

Live your life, like it’s a priceless gift
Jun 2, 2019
Las Vegas,NV
Funny you should write in yesterday @702Gigguy.

I just saw this video of Tryp's first ride ever!!

Very cool!

And I don't mean to sound cranky, but... several concerns are brought up by this video. First, it's touted as the First Tryp Ride Ever! But it turns out the driver drove Tryp's CEO, scam artist and fraudester, Robert McNulty.
I believe you think you’re funny...but you’re not lol
Of course you’re supposed to sound cranky, it’s in your name.
I’m not sure why it’s wrong for the CEO to take the first ride, whom else deserves the honor of taking it?? Also, I’m guessing you must get some kind of weird kick from name calling for no apparent reason...anyways!

Second RED FLAG is the driver in this video gave us some STUNNING INFORMATION. Remember how Tryp was supposed to give drivers 100% of the fare? Well, it turns out - they're NOT!

This driver tells us that Tryp took 21% of the fare! It was a $5 fare but he only got $3.95.

Hmm... so, what's up with that? How you gonna explain that? That was Tryp's whole reason for existence - drivers pay $200 a month in exchange for receiving 100% of the fare.
Well very easy, but I’ll speak slowly for those that just can’t keep up. The $1.95 is not included in the fare, it’s a booking Fee. Tryp rides has never, I repeat has never said that was part of the 100% that drivers are entitled to be paid. The fare includes time, distance, waiting time and cancellation fees. The 100% also includes all tips received as well, even though that is in addition to the fare.

702Gigguy

Jun 2, 2019
Las Vegas,NV
Is the $1.95 something the customer pays? If so, it's part of the fare.
I guess you can’t read English either lol
I clearly stated in my previous posting that Tryp has always stated that the fare for our platform consists of time, distance, waiting time and cancellations fees. You keep trying to fit Tryp into the same box that Uber/Lyft has created. Tryp is different for the better in many ways and I don’t think you can wrap your head around that, but that’s ok. We’ll probably have a difference of opinion in this regard, but you’re free to do so.

Austin Bob

Dec 15, 2018
San Antonio
Alright, so we'll take your word on it that Tryp is better in so many ways.

But just one question. How many trips have you done with them?

Or okay, maybe that's not fair because may they're not yet operating where you are. So tell us this then... how many actual passenger trips has Tryp conducted so far and in what cities?

702Gigguy

Jun 2, 2019
Las Vegas,NV
Hi Austin, it’s interesting that you say that you’ll take my word for it that Tryp is better in so many ways. That would be implying that I’m the only one who thinks these things about Tryp, which is the farthest thing away from the facts.

Also, another kinda peculiar thing is how you try to frame your questions. By pointing out that because Tryp is still in its early stages, means that their is no legitimacy in its principles, policies and mission to honestly address/resolve problems that drivers/riders still currently have with Uber/Lyft(Who have been operating for 10 & 7 years respectively). I’m not sure if you’re just no aware, but both Uber and Lyft entered their initial markets in similar fashion (Not being 24/7 right from the get go). It’s the most intelligent way to penetrate an major industry like ride share, with minimizing expense and managing risk.

Mr. Gig

Dec 6, 2018
Well, everybody has a story you know. Everybody has their plans and principles and policies. It's not until the rubber hits the road (literally in this case) that we will be able to now whether or not they will stay true to their principles and whether or not their principles will actually work.

I think what AB was trying to get it was whether or not you could show any hard data on how they're doing at pursuing their objectives.

Austin Bob

Dec 15, 2018
San Antonio
Hi Austin, it’s interesting that you say that you’ll take my word for it that Tryp is better in so many ways. That would be implying that I’m the only one who thinks these things about Tryp, which is the farthest thing away from the facts.

Also, another kinda peculiar thing is how you try to frame your questions. By pointing out that because Tryp is still in its early stages, means that their is no legitimacy in its principles, policies and mission to honestly address/resolve problems that drivers/riders still currently have with Uber/Lyft(Who have been operating for 10 & 7 years respectively). I’m not sure if you’re just no aware, but both Uber and Lyft entered their initial markets in similar fashion (Not being 24/7 right from the get go). It’s the most intelligent way to penetrate an major industry like ride share, with minimizing expense and managing risk.
WOW! Talk about avoiding the question!

You know I just asked you two simple questions, right? And you wrote all those words without answering either of them.

So, let me ask one more time. Can you tell us how many markets Tryp is open in right now? If it's just one that's fine, just tell us. And how many legitimate customer trips they'e done so far?