Does Bird have an affiliate program?

CO Rideshare

Dec 5, 2018
I've searched high and low but can't seem to find any information about this. Does anybody here know if Bird has an affiliate program that pays out for referring new chargers to Bird, similar to how Uber and Lyft pay out for new driver referrals? I've reached out to Bird's business development team but it's been over a week and I haven't gotten a response. Anything helps, thanks!

bhelling

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 23, 2018
I don't believe Bird scooters has an affiliate program that is available to the public. I did a fair amount of research on this and have yet to find anything about a program, even internal ones.

They do have a referral program for referring new riders. When an existing rider refers a new rider to the platform through the unique referral link tied to their account, the referring rider will receive free ride credit in return. However, there does not appear to be a program that pays out cash for referring new chargers to the platform.

My guess is that Bird is trying to get operational in new territories, and as a result, they simply don't have the need for a program, and may not have the resources available to manage thousands of affiliates nationwide.

If anybody on here hears otherwise, however, let us know.

Mr. Gig

Dec 6, 2018
Haha! I was going to look this up for you @CO Rideshare and I found that Bird does have an affiliate program. Bird.com that is. Unfortunately, it's the wrong bird! It's a site for actual birds! But hey, maybe you can do something with it.

1544921637770.png

Reactions: bhelling

bhelling

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 23, 2018
Haha when I was looking around, I found this too. 6% on a $75 order isn't too bad if you can get a huge volume of people to buy bird stuff through your affiliate link. If side hustle stuff doesn't work out for me, I may have a new life calling

Reactions: McCrank

Graham

Feb 4, 2019
What City & State do you work in?
Glendale AZ
I haven't seen an affiliate program for any scooter companies at all. Wonder if they're doing something else to get new riders.