Has Anyone Found Lyft's New Surge System Profitable?

Austin Bob

Dec 15, 2018
What City & State do you work in?
San Antonio
Lyft, has found a way to raise rates on passengers while paying drivers less. That should be a sure road to profitability for them, right? Well, apparently not as they're still losing money. When are these companies going to realize, if you screw your workers, are dishonest with them, and treat them like trash - it's not the road to profitability. Maybe they should try what many successful companies have always done - treat your workers well, pay them well, be honest with them, have integrity and give them some respect. Thousands of profitable companies have tried that formula over the years and it has worked! It's interesting to see that two of the biggest scammers are failing due to their lack of integrity and decent morals.

The conversation below was on facebook... the guy asked if people were making more or less with Lyft's new surge system. It was unanimous - they're all making less. Of course.

Look, whenever one of these companies comes up with a new idea and promises you it's going to be great... what they mean is - it's going to be great for them and terrible for you.

dovisrideshare

Jun 15, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
This is so blatantly disgusting and sleazy, I'm still having trouble wrapping my mind around it. They have LITERALLY removed "surge". Poof. Gone.

Now drivers have that tiny little square which, btw, DOESN'T MOVE. In order to get that same bonus, you'd have to drive back to the same area!

Both times I've called Lyft 'support' about it, they've hung up on me.

Reactions: Austin Bob

McCrank

Jan 5, 2019
Austin, Texas
New York, NY
It's absolutely disgusting - I agree. They really are the most immoral companies I've ever seen.

So, @dovisrideshare , they literally hung up on you? What did you say to them before they hung up?

Reactions: Austin Bob