Here We Go Again - Uber Cuts Driver Pay

McCrank

Jan 5, 2019
Austin, Texas
What City & State do you work in?
New York, NY
As promised in their pre-IPO filings Uber has made good on its promise and is beginning to slash driver pay. This time the first cuts are going to Miami Uber Eats drivers. Uber sent a message to Miami drivers stating "base fares for deliveries in Miami will decrease slightly." Slightly? Oh really? Our Miami drivers tell us this is a significant cut and one they will definitely feel. I mean, come on... Uber Eats pay was already bottom of the barrel. Literally no one could make any money on it at all. But, there you go.

I don't mean to be a crank but I'm honestly getting so sick and tired of their fake positive excuses. They're going to do it to help us because it'll give them more money to "invest" in promotions, marketing and app features?

Come on Uber... we've heard this same song and dance before. Do you really think we're going to fall for it again? When they say marketing - that means they're going to get more customers for themselves. It doesn't mean any individual driver is going to get more work. And it wouldn't matter anyway because whatever work they do get is going to be at a lower rate of pay.

Promotions? Huh? You mean the little (tiny) bonuses they sometimes give if you happen to feel like jumping through a thousand hoops? Please... save your $0.20 bonuses... we don't need 'em.

And app features!? What in the world are they talking about? How could an app feature possibly make us more money? Hmm... let me think... what were some recent new app features? Oh, I know, they put in the app now notifications to dissuade you from going offline when you're so dead tired you gotta get home before you run off the road. Yeah, I guess that's what they mean how app features can help you make more money. Because instead of working 20 hours a day these new features will prompt you to just keep on going. Work 30 hours a day for all they care.

Gimme a break, seriously. I'm just so sick of their dishonest slick talk. They're a real bunch of scammers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Jabroome3