Hi good people with a question

RetiredMechanic

Jun 17, 2019
What City & State do you work in?
reseda, california
I am a rideshare driver. I am also really a retired mechanic with more than 40 years in the business of auto/truck Mechanic. I was wondering where I would post something like a post about doing cars/trucks on the side. I only am interested in brakes at the moment although will be expanding. I can do brakes for 40 dollars labor, which is really fair and I can tell you how to never pay for pads again with a brake job. I live in the san Fernando valley of California, specifically Reseda and am doing this in an effort to network. Meet some of you in person and of course save you a ton of money with your vehicle. I will be completely honest, always have been.

So please don't kick me. I am asking where a post like this belongs and if its even allowed as I think about it although I wouldn't imagine helping people is a bad thing right?

RetiredMechanic
Pete

Austin Bob

Dec 15, 2018
San Antonio
Hi Pete!

I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be allowed to post that here - it's totally relevant to what people are here to talk about.

You should create a signature line that will show up on all your posts, that says you can do mechanic work - and say where you're from. There are plenty of guys here from the LA area, so they'll see it eventually.

I'm curious about your tip on how to never pay for brake pads again!

RetiredMechanic

Jun 17, 2019
reseda, california
Bob,
there is paperwork that you can fill out during purchase of new brakes. Once it is filled out, they are then returned for the life of the car. Many people dont know this so dont feel bad. The signature is a good idea.

McCrank

Jan 5, 2019
Austin, Texas
New York, NY
Wow, that's interesting! But, what do you mean "they are then returned for the life of the car"? What's returned?