Is Tryp legal?

McCrank

Jan 5, 2019
Austin, Texas
What City & State do you work in?
New York, NY
Now, I don't mean to sound like a crank, but this Tryp company has all the hallmarks of something real bad shady. I keep getting pitched on fb and by certain annoying drivers I know in person to join them. They promise drivers 100% of the fare... which sounds great, but they're asking for $450 just to sign up and $200 a month after that! That means they want us to pay them $2,650 the first year - before they pay us a dime!? Come on... get outta here! We ain't stoopid. Or wait... are we?

I've seen a ton of drivers getting all interested in this. They apparently have no idea about what an MLM scheme is. Poor schlubs. I hope they heed all the warnings I've seen online.

McCrank

Jan 5, 2019
Austin, Texas
What City & State do you work in?
New York, NY
By the way... haha! The best part about these MLMs contacting you on fb - is that you can finally block them when you're done! Before fb they'd contact you in person - it would be your (dumb) friends and relatives and when you were done there was no way to get rid of them. And they will not leave you alone. So it's pretty cool to know when it's over it'll really be over.

bhelling

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 23, 2018
Now, I don't mean to sound like a crank, but this Tryp company has all the hallmarks of something real bad shady. I keep getting pitched on fb and by certain annoying drivers I know in person to join them. They promise drivers 100% of the fare... which sounds great, but they're asking for $450 just to sign up and $200 a month after that! That means they want us to pay them $2,650 the first year - before they pay us a dime!? Come on... get outta here! We ain't stoopid. Or wait... are we?

I've seen a ton of drivers getting all interested in this. They apparently have no idea about what an MLM scheme is. Poor schlubs. I hope they heed all the warnings I've seen online.
Unfortunately, many people involved in MLM schemes lose money, and don't actually break down the numbers/costs like you have. They instead get blinded by the money and false promises made by recruiters.

For example, I personally attended one of the Tryp webinars, and was told there was potential for a new member to make $500,000 per month. Not total, not yearly... monthly. That's $6,000,000 per year. Really? If the money really was that good, everybody would be doing it.

Here's a great article about Tryp that the guys over at Ridester put together: https://www.ridester.com/tryp-rideshare/