Lyft Driver Gets Deactivated on Claims of a Woman Who Can't Even Explain What Happened

Jon York

Nov 30, 2018
What City & State do you work in?
New York City
This woman claims her Lyft driver did something bad. Very, very bad. But if you listen closely, she doesn't really make any sense. As I hear her story I can think of a lot of good reasons why the driver might ask her to re-enter her address.

Most likely she got in the car and gave him an address verbally that was different from what she had typed into the app. So he was probably just asking her to put the correct address in the app.

So, what did Lyft do? They DEACTIVATED the driver!

CO Rideshare

Dec 5, 2018
This is one of the fundamental flaws with the big rideshare companies, in my opinion. They side with the riders instead of the drivers more often than not.

It's both unfair and unjust. While I understand why Lyft and Uber side with riders, I don't agree with it whatsoever. It seems like any rider can say anything they want, then the driver gets punished, regardless of whether or not the driver was in the wrong.

Do you know if there's an appeal process that drivers can go through when this happens? I've (luckily) never experiences this myself, but it'd be good to know in the off chance that a rogue rider decides to falsify a situation and I get deactivated!

Jon York

Nov 30, 2018
New York City
There is an appeals process now. There didn't used to be. But they started it in the last year or so. You can start it by contacting them through the app.

bhelling

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 23, 2018
Good to know! I'm glad that the rideshare companies are now taking charge and taking steps to empower drivers. I think they're beginning to realize that drivers aren't the disposable commodities they were once considered to be. Once a rideshare driver quits, it's very difficult to get them back, so it's in the best interest of these companies to do everythign they can to attract and retain them.

Graham

Feb 4, 2019
Glendale AZ
Driver cam, driver cam, driver cam, oh yeah and DRIVER CAM. It's more important now than ever!