Rant: parents calling an Uber or Lyft ride for their underage children

bhelling

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 23, 2018
I very much dislike when parents call a ride for their children, and expect us drivers to be a babysitter for them. This oftentimes puts drivers in a very bad spot.

Do you cancel the trip when you see the kid and risk a bad rating from an annoyed parent? Or do you take the kid and hope nothing happens along the way?

I know that rideshare companies have put systems in place to help prevent this problem, but I think it's still an issue that many drivers deal with on a daily basis. After all, the convenience of on-demand transportation companies is almost a given for parents. Press a button and somebody else will take the kids to soccer practice.

But it does come with risk for the driver, and this is 100% not okay to still have happening. What're some things that Uber and Lyft could do to prevent this problem? We should make a list and send it to them

Graham

Feb 4, 2019
What City & State do you work in?
Glendale AZ
Yeah, it's amazing how some people will just dump their kid on whoever without thinking twice about the other person. Not to mention when it comes to rideshare drivers, the amount of opportunity for bad things to happen is there.

What do you usually do when this happens? Do you say no and drive away? Or bite the bullet and take the drive?