This guy set the record for longest Uber trip!

Jon York

Nov 30, 2018
What City & State do you work in?
New York City
According to the video - this guy set the record for the longest Uber trip ever. 2,256 miles from New York to California.

HOWEVER, there are some things that make me skeptical about this. One, Uber has a 4-hour maximum limit for a single trip. This trip was over 36 hours long! And there's no way the driver could have stopped and restarted the trip every 4 hours. Because if he's a New York driver, the minute he goes west of New Jersey, he's not allowed to accept any calls. So there's no way they could have restarted the trip after the first 4 hours.

BUT... check this out, the passenger, a Youtuber known as MrBeast, has probably made a fortune off the trip. As of right now, his video has gotten 15,426,519 views. Youtubers can earn generally from $2 to $4 per thousand viewers. That means he could have earned $30,000 - $60,000 just on the video! Which actually isn't a bad second income! Something for drivers to consider.

CO Rideshare

Dec 5, 2018
After he did this, I saw it on Reddit and figured somebody miscategorized this as satire. Nope, it looks like he really did it.

Your points are very much cause for speculation though. Somebody should double check with Uber, if they haven't already, to see if this was actually legit or a total fabrication.

gigabYteMe

Dec 7, 2018
What City & State do you work in?
Long Island, NY
Whatever the guy did - it was an entertaining video! I know Uber passed a rule a few years ago though saying no trip can go over 4 hours. It was because of credit card fraud. People with stolen cards would take Ubers on trips $1,000+ and ultimately Uber couldn't collect and lost big money.