Tryp working itself into a Catch 22

News Hound

Jan 7, 2019
What City & State do you work in?
The United States of America
Tryp spokesperson Bishop Stewart was asked on his January 22, 2019 facebook group meeting with drivers & potential drivers and influencers when they were going to start operating. His answer was to go into an explanation about how hard it is to operate if you don't have enough drivers in a city.

He said Tryp's plan is to open in 100 cities this year (2019). But, he explained that they don't know when they'll start because they need 400,000 drivers to register and be in their database. (Now, keep in mind that to have a registered driver who is active in their database, means that driver is paying them $200 a month. Which would earn Tryp $80 million a month. Or nearly $1 billion this year.

So what I'm hearing him really say is, 'we're not gonna start anything until we're banking at least $1 billion a year.' That's what it sounds like to me he's saying.

One of the participants in the group wrote in at that point to say:

"That's the catch 22! So many people are waiting to upgrade to Driver until we launch and I tell them you need to upgrade to Driver now so the company can see what they hf officially in each market."

1548284237455.png

Does anyone see the brainwashing that's going on here? Or is it just me? These poor guys are getting so hyped up and excited about all this that the "catch22" guy is literally urging fellow drivers to start paying $200 a month to a company in exchange for commission-free trips - before the company has any customers! Long before. According to Bishop - he has no idea when they're going to start having customers. They're afraid to advertise right now because they don't have enough drivers. So catch22 guy is telling drivers, 'you gotta sign up NOW because they need you in the database before they can open a city. Once we get enough drivers in the database then they'll go live.'

Okay sounds reasonable, but you can't sign up as a driver until you can pay $600 (a $200 monthly fee and a $400 sign-up fee). So a lot of drivers are saying, 'wait a minute, you want me to give you $250 and then $200 a month from then on for who knows how long - and you don't have a single customer yet? Your company hasn't completed a single passenger trip yet? GET OUTTA HERE'.

Nevertheless, that's the point Bishop is trying to get across to his people. And that's the point a lot of people who have already signed up are making to new prospective recruits.

So, let's recap. Tryp is promising drivers commission-free trips once said drivers pay them at least $600 and then $200 a month afterward. They're promising to open this year with approximately 4,000 drivers in each city they open in. They're talking about opening Trypgo stores and selling "Trypto" franchises. They're offering stock options and equity incentive plans. They're offering business cardsThey have all these big ideas and grand plans yet to this day they still have not provided a single customer trip.

Yeah, that's who I'd like to throw my hard-earned money to. Excuse me, but NO THANKS.

Attachments

Reactions: Mr. Gig

Mr. Gig

Dec 6, 2018
I think it's pretty obvious what's going on here. The sad thing is - I'm seeing so many guys and gals who are so excited about this and putting so much energy into it.

But Tryp makes all their money directly off the drivers. Remember, they're not taking any commission from passenger trips. So their customers are literally the drivers. The ones who pay these monthly fees. So their top concern isn't getting passengers. That's why they say drivers need to go ahead and pay those fees (long before they're capable of providing any product or service to drivers) because they need that driver money rolling in. And they'll get around to the passenger part a little later. But guess what... a little later never comes.

The Tryp cultists I know will say they will, they will. But so far, we've seen them put all their effort into recruiting drivers and no effort into recruiting passengers. That should tell you something.

Reactions: News Hound

McCrank

Jan 5, 2019
Austin, Texas
New York, NY
Look at this fool! He just went out and bought nearly $100,000 in cars because he's so excited about how rich he's going to be with Tryp!

Jon York

Nov 30, 2018
New York City
WOW! Just wow. And he is apparently with the company so that's the kind of propaganda and hype they're putting out to generate excitement and get drivers motivated to pay them $200 a month. All I can say is anyone who does that is truly foolish.

Mr. Gig

Dec 6, 2018
By the way, I just saw this posted on the Tryp fb page. Bishop Stewart is one of the high-ups that all the poor dryvers think they're going to make a lot of money with.

He says they're "getting closer and closer to having the apps out'. Well, they've been saying that for ages! And if this was a serious company don't you think the app would have been about the first thing they would have had ready to go? I mean.. it's an app-based company right?

Well, if they're making so much money already from so many thousands of dryvers (apparently) sending them hundreds of dollars just to get started, maybe working on that dryver payment system is a higher priority for them. Apparently it is because they have had that up and running for a long time. It almost seems as if they're not putting any effort at all to getting customers. But the dryvers are paying them hundreds of dollars because Tryp is promising them commission-free tryps.

But here's the other thing about this screenshot. The really telling thing. Look at the comment at the bottom by "Sir-William". He's complaining to Bishop that he can't get anyone at Tryp support to answer him and he's been trying to contact them for the last 10 days! Now, what does that tell you about how they're really treating their (real) customers, the dryvers.

Check out the poor guy's message. He's really really upset. But he's not going to dare yell at Bishop. They revere Bishop and they treat him with kid gloves. Because they really believe he's on their side and doing everything in his power to help them out. Although a few weeks ago he started pulling back and let it be known that he no longer had time to answers these kinds of support questions. Everybody supported him on that and cheered him on. As they knew he had far more important things to do. However, as you can see from Sir-William's message... there's no support. And the guys are getting frustrated. This guy needs supp[ort because he can't login to their website TO PAY THEM! He's trying to pay them and the website won't let him login. So for 10 DAYS he's tried to get help with it and hasn't been able to.

I feel really sorry for this guy and the others. Out of great deference to Bishop (because he still has hope this is all going to work out), he says, "I'm not complaining." But why not? He should be. And it sounds like a complaint. He says the website's not working and he's contacted three people in his "upline" and none of them can help. Sounds like he has legitimate reasons to complain.

I'll just tell you guys something... when a company can't help a customer who's trying to give them money - for ten days... that company is in real trouble. And that's all I have to say on the subject.

1551489112573.png

McCrank

Jan 5, 2019
Austin, Texas
New York, NY
It seems a lot of dryvers aren't too familiar with the whole MLM deal. So, I found this online which is a great and very accurate description of what's wrong with MLMs. The main problem is that they are deceptive. And they are deceptive mainly because they claim that all distributors/influencers who work hard enough can make fortunes. And this is simply not true. Studies have been done that show less than 1% ever make a profit.

Traditional MLMs always require that distributors/influencers purchase something. In the case of MLMs that sell products, they require distributors to purchase a certain dollar volume in products each and every month - regardless of whether they actually have any orders from customers for these products.

And likewise, Tryp follows perfectly in their footsteps. Except, they don't have a physical product - they only have trips their drivers promise to drive. And they don't have distributors because there's no physical product to distribute. So, instead of distributors they have what they call "influencers". And instead of requiring them to purchase a certain dollar amount of product each month, they require that they pay a monthly fee (right now of $200 per month).

So, Tryp is doing exactly the same things all MLMs have always done. And it will end exactly the same for the vast majority of the poor guys who sign on with them.

Also, if you're a big Tryp supporter, please notice in the list below how much is said about how MLMs get you hooked psychologically and put on all kinds of shows (like the Bishop Stewart show) to gin up your enthusiasm and excitement. While NEVER telling you the statistical and historical truth about the fact that almost no one in an MLM ever makes a profit. (You know that $200 you'll be paying them every month? And that $400 you had to pay just to start? Well, you'll have to make enough money from trips that they send you that the lack of commission you pay them on each trip will add up to more than the thousands of dollars you'll pay them over just a few short months).

This list was borrowed from this website.

1551899183320.png
1551899288784.png
1551899316130.png

Attachments

Austin Bob

Dec 15, 2018
San Antonio
This is amazing. You know on Medium.com it's not a traditional site. Anybody who can type can post articles there. The articles look like regular news or editorial articles on a newspaper or magazine site. But instead of being written by (allegedly) objective people - they're written by anybody who can sign up for an account.

So, here this article sitting there looking like an objective writer wrote it - is actually written by a Tryp itself but in the guise of an objective news article. The good news is that apparently nobody has seen it - based on the fact there are no comments since February!

https://medium.com/tryprides/the-tryp-story-rising-above-the-current-rideshare-industry-31f9a2a3075c