What is Wingz Rideshare?

Austin Bob

Dec 15, 2018
What City & State do you work in?
San Antonio
Wingz is an online ridesharing platform like Uber & Lyft. But with a little twist. They provide scheduled rides. Meaning passengers can book them in advance. Their rides are also fixed-price. So passengers get a set fee no matter how long the trip takes or how long a route the driver takes - they'll pay that fee.

It's mainly for airport use. They specialize in airport trips - to and from. And it's an affordable option for most people.

They've also started personal car services in some cities.

For drivers, passengers can request you! So, if they like you they can request you for their next trip. (So be prepared everytime you pick up a new passenger to hear the sad story of how they really wanted their preferred driver but he wasn't available - so they got you)!

Wingz is based in San Francisco and can be found around the airports of the following cities:
  • Austin
  • Dallas
  • Houston
  • Los Angeles
  • Miami
  • Orlando
  • Phoenix
  • Portland
  • Sacramento
  • San Antonio
  • San Diego
  • San Jose
  • Seattle
  • San Fransisco
  • Oakland
  • Tampa

Graham

Feb 4, 2019
Glendale AZ
This is really going to come in handy for scheduled flights from LA. When I use Uber or Lyft I sometimes find myself waiting around for 20 minutes for my ride!

Graham

Feb 4, 2019
Glendale AZ
Also, for anyone who hasn't used it yet, I recently looked into getting a ride to LAX. It was just under double what I would have paid with Uber (ended up taking a shuttle instead.)

News Hound

Jan 7, 2019
The United States of America
Wait... they're charging almost double Uber/Lyft? That should be great news for drivers! We need to get behind them.

Graham

Feb 4, 2019
Glendale AZ
Yeah, I expected it to be more because of the whole 'planned trip' thing. And yeah, it's pretty good fro drivers. But I do think the piece of the pie is a bit too small for them to thrive on it.